
Notice anything peculiar about this picture? How about no kids? How about big cheesy smiles? It's because we are on a date! Grandma and Grandpa Rammell were kind enough to watch both monsters for a night so I could take Diana to the symphony. We were suppose to go to dinner also, but numerous traffic accidents (gotta love those Utah drivers) in both directions forced us into Burger King.
Before we moved, we went to the symphony all the time. While we went to numerous college performances in Lincoln, I can only entrust my ears to a professional violenist for Britten's Violen Concerto (deemed unplayable by numerous virtuousos). We also heard Shostakovich's 5th symphony, which I identify with for many reasons...but we won't get into that. The pairing of Britten and Shostakovich was apt, considering the two were close friends. I could really talk about these all night, but instead I'll refer interested parties here.
As you can tell, we thoroughly enjoyed the performances, and each other. Hip-Hip-Hooray for the babysitters!








3 comments:
wait a minute...so burger king isn't considered a proper "fine" restaurant for date night? please do not tell tania. please.
Sounds like fun. We are just deciding which symphony performance to go to. Babysitters are great, especially when it's your parents so it's free and you can relax knowing they care more about your kids than checking myspace or texting.
Thank goodness for Grandmas and Grandpas!!
Post a Comment