Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Isaac!

Isaac is 3!

A few weeks ago I asked him what he wanted for this birthday. All he would say is green. Then it was a green cake. Then it was a green alligator cake. Then is was a green alligator cake and a superhero cape. Alligators and superheros go together, right?

Isaac is one spoiled little monster. We started out celebrating with a family party on Saturday. He had tons of family show up to wish him a happy birthday. Justin and I decided we'd play some superhero games to help keep the kids entertained, we had 12 kids at our house and 11 of the 12 are under 7 years old. I made them all superhero capes and Justin came up with a superhero training camp they had to go through in order to earn their cape. They had to walk a balance beam, hop on stones across a 'lava' river, climb a tree to rescue a kitten and karate chop some boards (sheet rock pieces with the back sides scored) to prove their strength. I think they all had fun and they look pretty cute in their capes!



Tuesday was Isaac's real birthday, so we thought we'd have some neighborhood friends over to play. Again, Isaac was spoiled and had tons of fun playing with his friends.

Right now Isaac is totally into ANYTHING green, dinosaurs and twizlers. He is starting to discover that a sister can actually be fun and he really enjoys coloring. He will color for hours! He is VERY shy, but once you get him out of his shell, there's no stopping him. We're so lucky to have our little 'monster.'

4 comments:

Uriona Family said...

What a great cake/cupcakes. You are talented.

Such a great idea for the superhero camp to. We may just have to have a superhero camp here at our house. Thanks for the idea.

k8e said...

What great ideas!!! I'm so sad we missed it! LUke would have been in HEAVEN!

Oh, and that cake is awesome! Did you make that up yourself? I might have to make that one! So cute!

Claudia T said...

Happy Birthday Isaac! Sounds like he had a super fun time! I loved the dino cupcakes/cake, you guys are so inventive!

Yorgasons said...

Awesome cake!! My three year old Ben LOVES green too!! That is funny!! Looks like it was a fun birthday week! :) As it should be!!!