Monday, March 23, 2009

Isaac and His 'bikel'

We've been out of law school for how long now...almost two years! Well, we're still dumpster diving.

Justin took the garbage out one night and came back to the apartment riding this scooter. There were two of them left by the dumpster, so he grabbed one for Isaac. It's in great shape, I think it must have been left in an apartment when someone moved out. 

Justin washed it off and left it in the living room for Isaac to find in the morning. When morning came and Isaac saw the scooter, he immediately skipped the hug Dad and watch Sesame Street routine and went right for the scooter. His eyes lit up like it was Christmas and he exclaimed, "A bikel for Ikes!"

We had to get Isaac some protective gear, which has become a staple of his wardrobe, because riding the 'bikel' in the house is not good enough. He begs everyday to ride it outside. He usually just rides it on our patio and plays the 'help me' game. There is a little hole in the wood on our patio fence. He rides his scooter around, then hops off, runs to the hole in the fence and screams HELP ME! I'm a little worried one day I'll get a knock on the door from the neighbors or child protective services. I'll just have to explain that my two year old has a very healthy imagination. That's why his dinosaur has to ride his 'bikel' too.

5 comments:

Jay said...

Gotta say I love the pic of him in jammies w/the helmet on backward.

Summer said...

YES! I love me a good dumpster find!!!

Claudia T said...

Sweet find!

Chrissy-teeny said...

Wow..pretty good steal!

Joel said...

Ain't nothing wrong with being frugal! I, myself, live by a VERY prosperous Subway dumpster! ;)