The Story: After the last home fell through, we decided to quit wandering around the valley and wait for a rambler to pop up within a few miles of work. Last week (on Monday), Di spotted the "perfect" house and we got a quick showing. It really was the perfect house. We put in an offer within an hour of seeing it and we came to terms with the sellers on Tuesday. Yesterday, our incredible mortgage guy was ready to close so we moved the closing up to today. The sellers are making a herculean effort to move their family so we are waiting until the weekend to move in (they have been really, really great to work with). Not to worry, we will be good landlords; of course, considering the landlords we have had over the years, "good" is relative. And, at this time, we would really like to give a shout-out to Uncle Harry and Auntie Nancy for the $8k home buyers credit coming our way next month. Utah stiffed us, their housing stimulus only covers new construction.
The House: Rambler in Sandy (about 26th east and 82nd south, just 3 miles from my office), 3k sq. ft., a great yard that backs up to a creek, new furnace/windows/water heater/central air, and an oversized garage. The house is incredibly clean and well maintained. Diana has a craft room picked out in the basement and we are in the midst of an intense negotiation over the size of the library (so we move a few walls...big deal, right?). So now instead of camping trips and the cute doings of our kids our blog will now feature home improvement projects.
Diana's Mood: Off the charts.
Pictures to come...







13 comments:
Awesome congrats let me know if you need an extra hand moving.
Jay
Congratulations!! Can't wait to see the pictures! Although, as exciting as the house is, I think the kids are still cuter and more fun to look at.
That's exciting for you guys. Look forward to pics.
Yay! Congrats you guys! Can't wait to see the pics!
Sounds amazing! I'll have to come see it sometime when we're down that way (pretty often). Congrats!!
Yea! Congratulations! How exciting...can't wait to see pictures!
Whew, the hunt is over, now you can settle in. Congratulations!!
Those "home improvement pictures" may take longer than you think to be completed (in my experience anyway) so make sure to post the before pictures now...not when the projects are complete.
Hurray!
Congrats you guys!! Finally right? I am so happy for you!!
I am so excited for you guys! And I am even happier you are staying in Sandy! Not like I have seen you since you have been here, but soon!
Yay! We will be moving in as your permanent Settler companions. Stalking until I see the pictures...
Did I hear, CRAFT ROOM? Score, Diana! Congrats you guys! Sounds great! Can't wait to see the pictures!
YAY! This is so exciting and I'm super jealous. Hope you love all the painting, decorating, and rearranging as much as I would.
Post a Comment