Friday, March 7, 2008

Short on Words, Deep in Meaning

Last month, the LA Times ran a story about 6 word memoirs. That's right, tell your story with just six words. You can read the article here. My favorite responses were: "Ex-wife and contractor now have house" (Drew Peck) and "Brought it to a boil, often." (Mario Batali)

So last week, our ever-creative Grandma Rammell mailed us a few of her own six word memoirs, and challenged us to come up with a few as well. Here are some of hers:
  • The dam didn't break until 1976. (The Teton Dam flooded the family farm)
  • Mr. Rammell doesn't live here anymore.
  • Will trade: double bed for motorcycle.
  • Moving Sale: cemetery plot, no view.
  • Fifty years with Merrill: what's next?
  • Bobbie's got her groove back now.
  • He didn't think it was loaded.
  • Go! The light is still yellow.
And here is what we came up with last night:
  • Finally having babies: I'm so tired.
  • Baby want food, food, food, food.
  • Pregnant woman demands cake, tangelos, Applebee's.
  • I chase a baby... all day.
  • Family far, but Diana close -- perfect.
  • Lovely Diana, rambunctious Isaac, life's good.
  • Just graduated, but wanna go back.
  • Birthday in June, buy me books.
  • Let's camp this summer, call us!
  • Not rich, not poor, just happy
  • Long walks, camping trips, hot cocoa
So now, dear readers, come up with some six word memoirs of your own! Post them as a comment!

UPDATE: We have had over 100 hits on our blog since I posted this. And, thanks to Google Analytics, I know what cities they are coming from. So, I want some six line memoirs here or I am going to start naming names.

10 comments:

Jay said...

bang bang bang bang bang crap
4 kids 1 wife 5 therapists
Buried with his NHS SBO sweater
Nuts and bolts, he got screwed

That's all I got for now I know I should think up some nice ones, but I've only got funny (to me anyway)

April said...

Two kids makes grocery shopping hard.

Two kids makes life more fun.

Let's camp this summer, in cabins!

We're in Houston, where's the warmth?

Addie shares cookies, makes mom happy.

Dad's working... we want him home.

April said...

My kind of camping has showers.

Mr. Conaway said...

liberal, right-wing, all are to die

will this really make me happier

don't try the cheese - don't ask

really, we're just going mountain fishing

Lindsey said...

bright pink wall, happy husband--amazing!

no cable... wrestling on internet... rats.

four consecutive hours of sleep = heaven.

camping with baby... is it possible?

proudmamablogga said...

Please be potty trained before September.

proudmamablogga said...

greasy food + no cooking = happy mama

vine street said...

Out of money: must sell house.

vine street said...

perry sells plasma...what about kidneys?

Steve said...

He has EVERYTHING in that backpack!