Sunday, March 9, 2008

IJ's Birthday in Ouray, Hooray!



Today is Isaac's first birthday. We can harldy believe the year has come and gone so quickly and how much our lives have changed. Who knew this little guy would have so much personality? If the next one has the same energy level, we're going to invest in leashes and clone Diana.

Grandma and Grandpa Rammell came with Uncle Brian for the birthday celebration. We took them down to Ouray (billed as America's Switzerland), an old mining town that is now a tourist trap. We had a great time tromping through the snow to box canyon falls, eating great food, and enjoying the mountain scenery. As you can see, Ouray has an ice climbing park. And here I sit, an hour and a half away, with a garage full of climbing gear. The climbing season is just about over, the ice has maybe another month. I dying to climb up there but can't find a partner, any takers?
When we got home we had a kickin' birthday party. Di made a monster cake, which Isaac quickly obliterated. He was blue from head to foot. After his bath, the tub looked like a family of smurfs had drowned.

10 comments:

Matt said...

Happy Birthday. I can't believe it's been a year.

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday Isaac!! Looks like a great weekend.

proudmamablogga said...

Congratulations, little guy! What a fun milestone!

P.S. Di, the new moms LOVED your homemade slippers. One had even chosen a blanket with the same pattern as the dots on the shoe. So good job.

Jay said...

Gotta love the first birthday. Especially the first cake of their own. Happy Birthday

Jay

April said...

Happy Birthday!! That cake was so cute, and it sure looks like he enjoyed it!

Alison and Nate said...

Hey Justin and Diana and fam!!

Good to see you alive and well and that little one is awesome! You have met your match my friend.

Check out my blog and add me!

www.buckandcompany.blogspot.com

Alison George Buck

Joel said...

Isaac and I have the same birthday??? I had no idea!

We're like. . .birthday twins or something!

Joni Wiedrich said...

Happy birthday Isaac!! Looks like he really enjoyed that cute cake!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday to Isaac! I'm so impressed with that cute Monster cake. It looks like he really enjoyed it!

Chrissy-teeny said...

That looks like such a beautiful place! Hopefully we will make it out to see you guys before too long. (I wish you lived around the corner!) Anyway, the birthday cake was FABULOUS!!! You said, "monster cake"...I thought you ment huge, but it was a real monster!!! Ahh...it's soooo cute!!! Awesome!! And yeah, time flies, I can't believe it's been almost a year for us, too!!