Friday, June 11, 2010

And, it starts...

We have the best next door neighbors. It's also very convenient that our children are around the same ages. Isaac LOVES playing with the little neighbor boy. This particular morning, I'm not sure what was going on, but we wouldn't let them play together. They really, really wanted to play with each other. They were at the fence scheming for almost an hour tyring to come up with a plan so they could play. After several failed attempts of asking each Mom and using several different reasoning tactics, they devised another plan. It went like this.
Said neighbor boy hands Isaac wood from their wood pile to make a ladder on our side of the fence.
That darn ladder keeps falling over. Back to the drawing board.
Stack the wood on a bucket. Not so stable...
Neighbor boy thinks hey, I've got more buckets, let's just stack them.
Ahhh....success! The buckets gave Isaac the height he needed to crawl on top of the cinder block fence and JUMP onto the inflatable ice fishing chair and an overturned tupperware waiting on the other side.
I have to applaud them for their perseverance, but if they're scheming like this at 3 and 4, what is it going to be like when they are teenagers?

2 comments:

A Different Drum said...

WOW - that is all I can say. Clever little boys!

amynewby said...

That is hilarious! What smarty-pants! Man, I thought my boys were persistant. William is ALWAYS asking to play with his friend too, it drives me bonkers! ;)