The other day a dear friend and I were talking about this subject and she mentioned she was a little hesitant when it came to making her little girl clothes. She was remembering back to her childhood when her Mom made her clothes and she was the 'girl with the homemade clothes.'
So, my questions for you all...am I just fooling myself by thinking that Graces homemade clothes really are cute and don't look all that homemade? Or, does she look a little 'little house on the prairie' and I need to stop making her clothes?
Here are a few examples.

(This pic is old, from her first birthday)
Be honest, you won't hurt my feelings. I just don't want Grace wondering around looking foolish because I like to sew.








15 comments:
You are a great seamstress and very creative. I think her clothes are adorable! If I have another girl, I would totally buy stuff from you! :)
Grace always looks adorable! I wish I had that talent! You make darling things.
Your talent is definitely worth using for your daughter, but besides that, home made is very trendy right now. She'll be the envy of all her friends.
Oh my gosh, no you should not stop, because they are adorable, and also there will come a day where she will not want you to make them anymore. I dread the day Annie becomes more opinionated about what I buy her. So go ahead because you are extremely talented and the clothes look adorable.
I don't even think they look homemade! Seriously! They are so adorable. If I was that talented I would make cute things too! Keep it up lady!
That first skirt is so cute, I want one just like it! They are all adorable.
I remember feeling like that when I was young (my mom sewed a lot) but now that I look back, the clothes were well made and a lot cuter than store-bought clothes. Plus, it's really trendy right now to make kids clothes or buy handmade. The difference is back then it was done to save money, now it's done more for the style since buying clothes at target is usually cheaper than sewing yourself. The clothes you make for Grace are adorable.
Seriously, you are super talented! I love her clothes...in fact, if you want to make some for Anna...I'll gladly buy them from you :)
I agree with someone else...do you make big skirts? I want the first skirt for me. I think she looks too too cute, don't stop! If I actually bought clothes for Tess I would buy them from you. I rely on hand-me-downs.
I think they are super cute. I would never think they were homemade. I wish I had this talent!
This is random, but I picked up a children's book at the library the other day by Ted Kooser. It's called Bag in the Wind. I thought you guys might be interested. Bennett loves it!
I think she looks adorable!! Love the clothes - wish I could do that!
lol....Diana you make me laugh. You are too cute!! And Gracie's clothes are ADORABLE!! You do a great job!! And as girls get older they let you know what they want. Think of Marissa...her stuff is totally rockin'. :)
I think her clothes are adorable. The real question is timing though. When Grace is old enough to get feedback from peers, you should be able to tell what SHE thinks of the clothes you make her, if you are still making them then. Let her tell you if she wants you to continue or not, and don't let it crush you if she wants you to end it. But for now, indulge yourself all you want!
--Kristen
Um NO way! They are adorable clothes, DON'T STOP! She is lucky to have such a talented mama who can make such cute clothes!
Post a Comment