[The stockings and tree skirt are a Diana creation]
Saturday, December 12, 2009
The Stockings Were Hung...
We have finally finished our fireplace. As you can see, the room has drastically changed since we moved in. The first pic was taken from the MLS when we bought the home. Then, wandering in late one day from work, I was met with a pile of artificial rock. According to Diana, she couldn't take it anymore. We got the debris cleared and tile up pretty quick. The delay came with trying to decide on a mantel. We checked out dozens of books from the library without any luck. Diana found this mantel in a magazine. Not a woodworking magazine (a plan would have been nice), but a decorating magazine, and only part of the mantel was showing. So we winged it. We used one sheet of birch plywood, 4 planks of popular and trim (about $100 from the lumber yard). We got the last coat of paint on it this afternoon. We still need to put up base molding in the living room that will run across the front of the mantel. We are also still hunting for the perfect mirror to hang above it. But for now, we're calling it done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







13 comments:
It looks fantastic!! Way to go!
That looks GREAT!!! I love it...and now you got me thinking. We have TWO of those that I hate. Ours is real rock, but still may be...how hard was it to get the fake rock off and how did you do it? If our end project would be anything like yours it would be well worth it.
Wow you guys that looks amazing!! I absolutely love it!! Now I know who to call right?
Awesome job! Love, love, love the mantel! How's the wall coming along?
Can't wait to see you guys VERY soon!
It's gorgeous!
Your home looks great! All your home improvements paid off!
Wow! That's gorgeous. You guys didn't need plans!
Wow guys, that looks fantastic. In my ignorance, I had no idea something like that could be changed. I bet your ROI is huge on that.
Plus, way to make me barf with the sausage box.
You guys are awesome when it comes to home improvements! Beautiful and just in time for Christmas.
Oh wow! That looks amazing! I love the classic look.
I need to come see your family! I'm the worst cousin, I haven't even met Gracie yet... I want to meet her!!!!! Let me know when you are available for visiters!!! Miss you and love you!!! Your house is soooo cute! I love the fire place!!!!
Post a Comment