Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Pretty Baby


Gracie has been so cute lately. She is starting to put some words together and use her manners. But I'm afraid she is becoming quite the Diana, with a penchant for cleanliness. For example, she refuses to eat until her bib is on. Once she is done eating and hands are washed, she will find a kitchen towel and wipe the floor under the table saying "EEE Up, EEE Up" (Clean Up, Clean Up). She is adamant about having a bow in her hair at all times. She walks around the house with a blanket around her neck like a boa. At night, she wants me to sing "Pretty Baby" -- which is a little diddy that Grandpa Rammell would sing to babies, it goes "Everybody loves a baby, that's why I'm in love with you, Pretty Baby, Pretty Baby." She loves it. If she cries in the night, I'll go in to find her binkie and she will say "Pretty Baby."

On Sunday, she was suffering with croup and having trouble breathing so we took her into the Dr. They were worried about her O2 levels. She has a lovely habit of holding her breathe when she gets mad, to the point that she gets blue in the face. That didn't help matters. The Dr. was concerned enough to send her to Primary Children's. While there, she was poked and prodded...and held her breath. When the Dr.s cleared out, she was crying the saddest little cry, looked up to me and said, "Daddie, Pretty Baby."
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Johnson Fam said...

This cute little post warms my heart and makes me smile :) You are such a good little dad and Gracie is the cutest thing ever! We have been the rounds with the croup/breathing treatments and it can be rough, I hope she is getting better. Sadie loves her little treatment machine and fishy mask. Happy Holidays!

If Charlie starts crying in the night, can you come sing him Pretty Baby?

Uriona Family said...

She IS a pretty baby!! I can't believe how old she looks in this pictures. It must be that she has hair. Tess is still working on the whole hair thing.

Sorry about the croup stuff. I hate the croup and all the fun stuff that goes along with it. Hope she feels better for Christmas!

Kim Millard said...

She sounds like the perfect little girl to me!

Nikki S said...

She really is a "pretty baby!" Just adorable!

amynewby said...

Sniff! That probably wrung your heart to see her so sick and asking you to sing 'pretty baby'. I hope she is doing better; she is a beautiful little girl-Lizzy needs to start cleaning our floors too :)