Friday, October 9, 2009
Canning
Our apple trees were absolutely overflowing and even our childfruitavores couldn't make a dent. So, we decided to can. We picked, peeled, cored, cut, boiled, mashed, spiced and canned about 90lbs of apples last Saturday. The end result was about 12 quarts of pie filling, 12 quarts of applesauce and 12 half-pints of apple butter. It was a lot of work, but actually fun in a weird way. And, the house smelled all apple spicy delicious for about a week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Wow! Those apples look delicious and they are so big! Look at you guys go! That is amazing! I canned peaches and pears this year for my first time but I'm sad to say it wasn't even near 90 lbs worth! I'm impressed!
Next year if you need someone to take a few of those off your hands just let me know....I might know a girl...me! :o)
K8e, Come on over, we have PLENTY more!
WOW! All I can say is wow...good work!
All I want to know is who kept the kids busy during this insane time? I cannot even use the bathroom without Shaelynn starting a fire or Grace opening the window and climbing out. Way to go.
Post a Comment