Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Shadow
A few weekends ago while up in Wyoming, Uncle Wayne saddled some horses for a ride. I say saddled "some" horses instead of "their" horses because I'm not convinced that they actually own them. You see, including dating, I have been going up to Wyoming for seven years and this was the first time on their horses. I often teased my mother-in-law that they merely rented the horses to impress me. I'd just like to say publicly that I am glad they sprang a little extra on that rental so we could ride them.
Isaac was beyond excited for the ride. We spent about a half an hour in the fields before the rain chased us back. Isaac kept telling Shadow to GIDDYUP, which Shadow thankfully ignored. The only trouble was when Isaac picked up that my clicking was code for giddy up. Poor horse didn't know whether to listen to my "whoa" or IJ's click. Apart from being worried on a short gallop, Isaac really enjoyed himself. He has since talked incessently about Shadow to anyone who will listen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
What a great picture!! Google "saddle buddy". There are saddle buddies that strap to the back of an adult saddle. It allows the child to sit by himself on his own saddle, with stirrups, but still have an adult on with him. It's pretty cool! Our kids love them. It sandwiches them in and gives them handles to hold on to.
Post a Comment