Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My IJ Makes Me Smile


Yes, that's what you think it is. A dented bumper and broken tail light on our week old van. I backed into our neighbors car yesterday.
After Justin got home from work we headed to the library. I was feeling pretty bad about wrecking the van. This is the converstation that followed.

Justin teasing Diana about crashing the van.
Diana: I'm just so stupid. I should have been paying closer attention.
Isaac starts to laugh: Mom is stupid!
Justin: No, Mom is not stupid.
Isaac: Yes, Mom said so, so Mom is stupid.
Justin: No, Mom just made a mistake, she isn't stupid.
Isaac: Mom, everyone makes mistakes.

I just started crying. Leave it to Isaac to know the right thing to say when I'm feeling down. Where did he learn 'everyone makes mistakes' from anyway? What a cute kid!

7 comments:

Joni Wiedrich said...

I'm so sorry you had a bad day! I'm sure it was one of those moments you wish you could just hit rewind...I have lots of those moments. It seems you have a little boy who knows just the right thing to make you feel better!

Laurie said...

What a sweet boy. Bummer about the van. I once hit a car while driving my roomate's car and not paying close enough attention. I know that gut-dropping feeling. Ick.

~April~ said...

Aww! What a sweetheart!

I backed into a tree once :)

proudmamablogga said...

When I first got my license I drove into my friend's truck and all the cute boys saw. So I drove away. (Friend's truck was fine, my hood pretty much folded up)

Kristen R. said...

Hey...

Yes we are finally in Utah. We need to go camping. Or, anything fun. Bohnanza? I think I know what box it is in...

Our number is 208-713-8624.

Yorgasons said...

Cute Isaac! I am sorry about your van though!! That really stinks!
It sounds like something I would do...not that is any consolation...sorry!

A Different Drum said...

I'm so sorry - what a bummer to back into something! So cute that Isaac knew what to say! :)

You're not stupid Diana, everyone make mistakes!