Friday, July 17, 2009

The Lodge

We spent last weekend in Victor, Idaho at "The Lodge." The Lodge is a huge cabin on one of Great Grandpa Johnson's old farms. He gave the land to his 12 kids and their spouses so that family would have a place to gather. As a kid, I spent at least a week every summer sassing Great Aunts, fishing in creeks, hunting mice and causing trouble with my cousins.

The weekend was full of cool mountain air, sports, greasy hamburgers and screaming kids. There were 10 kids under the age of 5 - Isaac was in heaven. He has begged every day to go back. We all decided that next year needs to include a few extra days. Sorry for the picture overload, but cousins will want to steal pictures!

The great part about The Lodge, but more about our family, is the complete lack of pretension. No one is shy to pick up a guitar and start a song or participate in activities. No one worries about make-up at breakfast or a flawless golf game. Or more likely, we all lack a measure of inhabition that results in our mutual embarassment. I don't really know, but I like it.


1 comment:

hermanapeterson said...

Justin, thank you for posting all of your great photos. It made my day to see all of those cute faces. I can't wait to be with you all next summer. You and Diana are amazing, and your kids are adorable. Thanks for letting me peek into your lives. I sure love ya!