What a Christmas!
We proceeded according to tradition, spending Christmas Eve at Grandma Boothe's house eating x3 and enjoying the "program" which consists of dressing up the wee ones for a mock nativity while Grandpa reads from St. Luke (IJ was an uncompliant angel) and the annual talent show. For the first time, Diana and I participated. I played the ukulele and we sang "Tonight You Belong to Me." (Click for Song) And no, said performance shall not be posted, as all copies have been destroyed.
On Christmas morning, Isaac immediately asked for presents. He stood by the cookies for a moment and finally said "Santa bite Ike's cookies in mouth" and staring at his bulging stocking. Without going into details, we were all spoiled by Santa (courtesy of B & W, PC).
Later that day, we headed to the Rammell house for brunch, more presents, and plenty of wrestling. I am proud to say I went 2-1 on surprise attacks from Ben. While at the Rammell's IJ picked up an interested new word from Ben: "stab" Now he walks around the house poking his finger in your stomach and saying STAB! We are working to change that...
Oh, and we partied with Diana's family a few weeks ago by pheasant hunting and enjoying Grandpa's smoked turkey (it tastes like candy, our nephew says).
Most of our memory preservation happened on the camcorder but here are a few pics of Isaac playing in the snow. He is wearing my coat from 1982, because we forgot his.
Our only other exciting piece of news is that we put in an offer on a house tonight, so keep your fingers crossed.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Your Christmas sounds fun. I'm glad you all had a good time. This was probably my most fav Christmas, with Landon. It's the 1st yaer he's really LOVED, LOVED the whole Santa thing. It's funner watching your kids open presents than it is to actually recieve them.
And I'm excited to hear about the offer on the house. I bet they are desperate to accept your offer! My friend has been writing offers up for $60,000-$100,000 below asking price and guess what?? They are getting accepted!! Crazy, huh?! I bet you guys will get a killer deal. The market is totally in your favor! Good luck...I can't wait to see pictures of the house!
That is so exciting! I can't wait to hear the details on the house. Such as where is it?! :) Good luck!! Oh, and Merry (Be-lated) Christmas!
Merry Christmas, Rammells! I love the "STAB". That is too funny! Also, I'm with your nephew, smoked turkey DOES taste like candy. YUM!
Thanks for the invite to Ann's party! Sadly, I had to fly back to Ohio on the 24th, otherwise I would have been there! I hope it was fun.
Good Luck with the house! Can't wait to see pictures!
Post a Comment