Thursday, October 23, 2008

So, being a sleep deprived mom of a 19 month old who is heading into his 'terrible twos' early and a 5 week old, sometimes it's hard to keep things in perspective. This too shall pass, right... Anyhow, Isaac has helped me have one of those, yep this really is all worth it moments.

Tuesday was a trying day with Isaac. He's normally a very nice boy, but that day he was hitting, biting, screaming, pinching, dumping two pound bags of animal crackers on the floor...you get the picture. On top of that, I've had a pretty bad cold.

Justin always calls to check in on us throughout the day, and I just cried telling him all about my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. When he got home from work that night, he had a little talk with Isaac, telling him that Mom didn't feel good, we don't hit Mom and he needed to be nice to me.

So, Wednesday comes. Isaac was nice all day. No fits or violence of any kind. I got to rest and we had a wonderful day. During dinner that night Justin asked Isaac what he had done that day. He responded, 'Ikes nice Mom.' Who would have thought he would remember or understand something like that. It melted my heart.

We enjoyed a nice evening together and then came bedtime. I told Isaac it was time to put some of his toys away and get on his 'dinosaurs' (aka PJ's). Which he promptly did. After we got his dinosaurs on I said, 'lets go find your milk and binkie.' To which Isaac replied, 'and kiss Dad.'

Two way cute, this is all worth it, moments in one day. What more could a mom ask for.

6 comments:

Joni Wiedrich said...

That is cute! It does seem those moments or days come when you just don't think you can take it any more!

Claudia T said...

What a nice little boy you have! I think they always find a way to melt our hears...even if they can be terrors at times!

Claudia T said...

I meant hearts...not hears...what is that?

Chrissy-teeny said...

Oh, how sweet! They are fun aren't they? (and yes, hardwork, too!!) There is something about sleep deprivation that makes every thing mangified! You are a great mom!!!

Chrissy-teeny said...

oh, and I forgot to add...I don't think the terrible twos exisist....just wait until age 3!!! That's when they become little terrors!!! lol!!! (At least that's how it's been with the two 3 year olds I've had!) lol...

Yorgasons said...

Oh man that melted my heart!! So cute!! I can't believe he remembered all of that! Can I get Justin to talk to my daughter? It is all worth it, isn't it? Thanks for sharing that Diana! The first three months (adjusting with two kids) are the worst!! Then it gets better! I don't know if its because the baby finally has some what of a schedule or if it just takes three months to get used to not sleeping? Who knows!!