
As I put in my earbuds for my walk home from work, what do I find waiting for me? A family! We enjoyed the weather and walked the long way home, stopping by 'The Pie' for dinner.
Diana decided to come down because Isaac spent the day insisting "up Dad work hug." The problem was that I left without a hug goodbye, which under normal circumstances would be unthinkable. But this morning was no normal circumstance. Both kids woke up at 5:00 a.m. -- a plan they must have hatched the night before. So we played tag team: Diana fed Grace and I took Isaac. After an unsuccessful attempt at rocking him back to sleep, I retreated to the family room, hoping that an early morning presentation of Barney would lull him back to sleep. Well, when I woke up at 7, I had Grace on my chest on the recliner and both Diana and Isaac were snoring in our bed. Go figure. So I basically dressed in the dark, put Grace in the basinette by our bed, and snuck silently out of the house -- thus explaining no morning hug.








9 comments:
How fun! Henry also gets in trouble if he doesn't give the kids hugs and kisses and wave as he drives away every morning!
That's why it is best to have just two children because there is a mommy and a daddy who each get one child to tend to - glad you are enjoying life! Sandy
What a sweet picture I love the filtered light in the background but I think your family just might be glowing. You need to update the title to your blog. Because you also made a Grace. And she is beautiful.
You guys are such a cute little family! Hopefully we can get together soon and meet your gorgeous little Grace!
-Claudia
Sadly this story sounds all to familiar. For the most part the sleeping bit gets better. That is awesome that you are close enough to your work that they can come and meet you!
Can you go on my blog and send me your e-mail address...or Di's. I have a class I am throwing that she may be interested (speaking of expensive diapers and all) in so I thought I would send her an invite eventhough she may think it is weird since she doesn't know me. :)
What a smart little guy Isaac must be to realize you'd left without a hug...how fun...
just wondering if you are taking on another persona lately....trying to figure out the last comment on my blog from a certain julie beck.
Diana
Your family is so cute! Just a quick question for ya...do you have to have a business license to post on etsy?? thinking about doing etsy for tutu's, etc. but we dont have a license yet. We dont sell enough to matter right now.
Oh you are all so cute! We have to get together sometime soon. We got here on wednesday. :)
Post a Comment