Thursday, August 21, 2008

P.S.

If any of you have OB/GYNs, Midwives or Pediatricians in the Salt Lake area to recommend, I'm all ears.

12 comments:

Summer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Summer said...

Congrats on the new job, Rammells! When we lived in Salt Lake, my OB was Lisa Gravelle (http://intermountainhealthcare.org/providers/profile.html?id=31100&brand=ih)
I loved her! Bonus: She has the most infectious laugh!

Good luck with the move and the delivery and your new babe! CONGRATS!

The Johnson Fam said...

Hi!

My husband is friends with your husband and I saw your post about the OB/GYN or Peditrician.
We just moved to Salt Lake in May and we love it here and I have been very lucky in finding great doctors.
My OB is Jennifer Holmes at the Memorial Clinic and our peditrician is Jennifer Cox with the Alpine Medical Group. I am very impressed with both of them! Doctor Cox is super fun and attentive and is very interactive with the kids. We have had to see her twice and we have never had to wait and she takes her time, you dont feel rushed.
I hope the move goes well!

Jay said...

OK everyone else is thinking it I'm gonna say it why do people w/weird last names become obs? Dr Cox i mean really? come on, there is one in Farmington w/the last name of fillerup (spelling?)

(Maybe everyone else isn't thinking it but still.)

A Different Drum said...

My sister-in-law goes to Dr. Fillerup! Ha, I died when I heard that name! I was begging her to get me a business card to send to Leno! Seriously, of all the professions to choose with a name like that, I would have stuck with my maiden name!

~April~ said...

Doctor Scott Hansen at Jordan Valley Hospital. He delivered my Ashton. Super nice guy... he's LDS.... and great office and everything. Loved him!

Unknown said...

Dinana,
I responded to your email you sent. Let me know if you need any help with moving, etc. Shaun and I are in Sandy. See you soon. Don't stress. It will all work out in the end!
Love ya, Nae

~April~ said...

Oh, and South Pointe Pediatrics is wonderful. They are on 1300 W 9000 S. My favorite docs there were Kevin Lash and Leslie Goodwin. We went to them for over 2 years. Wish I could have brought them to WA with us.

Chrissy-teeny said...

OK- I posted with my online "buddies". We tend to take more of a natural route, but I let them know you might be wanting an epidural and/or routine treatment. So....I've had three replies, so far (I'm sure there will be more to come): Dr. Langer-in So. Valley (female)-will do everything from full intervention to natural with no IVs or monitoring. She is supposed to be very nice.
And I have TWO referrals for Daniell Demeter-CNM (certified nurse midwife-delivers in hospitals only) She is supposed to be extremely friendly and nice and will support medicated or natural birth. I was told she is at the "new hosptial", where ever that is!! What area are you going to be in?? Call docs ASAP!!! I was 6 months pg when I moved to TN and I had 3 midwives turn me down because their patient load was full. I finally got one midwife say she was full, but said she didn't want me deliverying by myself, so she agreed to deliver Landon. Although, I was only going with a CNM and there is a lot more OBs, so you should be fine.

Lindsey said...

I went to Mt. Timp Womens Healthcare and loved the midwives there! It's in American Fork so it's a bit of a drive, but worth it in my opinion! (Nicole went there too, to the OBs)

Chrissy-teeny said...

One more....Dr. Darrin Watts OB I was told he is the OB that Danielle Demeter (CNM) works with. He is supposed to be an "over all good guy". My friend is delivering homebirth, but he is her back up OB. He has on office across from St. Marks...I don't know where that is, apparently that is where Daniell Demeter is, too....so far they sound like a good time. That's 3 votes towards them!

Laurie said...

I don't think you want to drive to Am. Fork to see my doctor. He is great though. Did I mention that we are so excited you are moving nearby. Now we can camp every weekend!! :)