Sunday, July 6, 2008

Cherries!

We live on the west side of GJ near the fruit orchards. We LOVE the fresh summer fruit. On Saturday morning, we went to an orchard to pick our own "pie cherries." According to Diana, (who is always right) pie cherries keep their flavor and hold up better than sweet cherries in a pie. Even though they are a little sour, we ate more than a few in the orchard. Isaac had a blast picking, eating, smashing, and throwing them. We paid for an extra pound to cover his fun. The best part? They were only a $1.00 a pound and they pit them for you!


9 comments:

Gertge Family said...

Looks so yummy! That's talent.
Cute pictures

Jay said...

Reminds me of the old days of living in South Weber before the stake center was built & all the houses around it.

Jay

Pie looks awesome.

Anonymous said...

Justin,
It's always fun to catch up with your family news and see your pictures! Good luck with IJ and the new baby!
Love,
Aunt Rachel and family

Lindsey said...

That pie looks awesome! There used to be cherry orchards near where I grew up; now it's a subdivision full of cheap siding houses.

proudmamablogga said...

What a delicious looking pie. The fresh food is something that makes GJ so appealing.

How is the heat? The pictures are beautiful, too. Is that machine the cherry pitter?

Rammells said...

We have not yet broken 100 degrees ... and I hope we don't!

And yes, that machine is the cherry pitter. It is awesome. Justin wants one.

Yorgasons said...

Ok so that made me sooooo jealous!! I LOVE Cherries and I just paid $13.00 for my bag of Cherries at the grocery store. Go ahead and laugh!!! Well I am glad you enjoyed them!! Love you guys!!

Claudia T said...

Diana,
You are so talented! I know it's not news but I thought I'd tell you again! Wow that pie looks so good!
On another note, I can't believe how big Isaac is! I can't wait until Jacob can walk around on his own...or maybe I can!
xoxo
Claudia

Summer said...

Okay, you convinced me...I'm going to look up the fruit farm near us! Your pie looks delicious! My mouth is watering!!!