We spent last weekend (Thurs. - Sunday) with the Sorensons and the Polls in Zions National Park -- the mamas in both families are Justin's cousins. Between the three families, there were 7 kids. That's right, 7 kids, for 4 days, three nights.
We stayed in the group campsites within the park. The kids ran, played in the dirt, and ran some more. We did all of those things that make camping great --we hiked in the park, had a campfire, and made smores.
Here were the highlights of the trip for us:
- watching Brad hike mile after mile on crutches (he sprained his ankle the morning they left)
- watching a rattlesnake and squirrel fight to the death on the Riverwalk trail (guess who won)
- eating ice cream on the lawn in front on the Zion lodge
- guys only hike up to Observation Point
- watching the kids chase wild turkeys
- IJ giggling at 3 a.m.
- Derrick (3 yr. old) pointing to a squirrel and saying "bad kitty"
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Yeah...that was a great trip. I just posted some pics if you want to check out my blog. I will stick that book in the mail asap!
Looks like you guys had fun!! I actually forgot you were pregnant for a moment...then I saw your picture...you're looking cute!
Post a Comment